2. Upgrading a stand-alone host
3. Upgrading vCenter Server with Simple Install
4. Upgrading vCenter Server components manualy
5. Upgrading hosts with Update Manager and vCenter Server 5.5
6. Upgrading virtual machines
Stand-alone host upgrade process is straightforward and easy:
1. Make sure your hardware is on VMware Hardware Conpatibility List.
2. Download ESXi 5.5 iso and burn it or mount it to your system.
3. Boot your server from the iso.
In the example I am upgrading from ESXi 5.1. The installed will now start loading modules and services.
You will be presented with the information about support:
and the license agreement:
After it boots, ESXi 5.1 to 5.5 upgrade is finished and the server is ready.